Saturday, January 28, 2012

I am Second by Dave Sterrett & Doug Bender

I am Second

By Dave Sterrett & Doug Bender

This book was a compilation of short stories about how Jesus transformed people’s lives. It includes the story of several people – famous and some people I have never heard of that discovered that they are second, and Jesus is first. Each story describes their lives before and after they found Jesus.

I found this book intriguing because I love hearing about people’s lives and how they live. The dark places these people traveled and the hurt they experienced was made real to me through these descriptions. This book challenged me to tell my story more because we all have one, even if it is not as dramatic as some of the ones found here. The stories made me think about how my life would be different without Christ and how many other stories are yet to be told because people yet do not know the Good News. The stories were gripping and held my attention. They were short enough to read in quick sittings and on short breaks. There were QR codes at the end of each story about the story you just read and additional stories that were similar to the one you just read that you could read by scanning the codes.

The authors conveyed Biblical truth and had a section in the book explaining how anyone could find salvation through Jesus Christ. I would recommend this book to get short examples of how God has changed people’s lives. And it may be fun to have a discussion group to discuss the stories because each story is not long to read and the book in itself is an easy read.

BookSneeze provided me a complimentary copy of this book.

No comments: