Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Cowboy Chicken

It has been a long time since I have posted a recipe on here. I am still cooking and have a stockpile of pictures food I have made on my phone. Hopefully, I can remember how I made each dish when I get around to posting. I am going to start backwards with the most recent recipes.

I am going to attempt posting a recipe a day while in quarantine. I have soooo much grading to do, though. Remind me to assign less writing assignments next semester.

I do not like chicken that much. It find it dry and flavorless unless it is fried, and even then, not everybody's fried chicken is actually good. I like Popeye's chicken if I have to eat chicken. I do not like all the breading and often peel off the breading on most chicken nuggets and chicken tenders.

Anyway, if the chicken is flavorful, I will tolerate it. It is still not my favorite food, but I will eat it.

Here is a super easy chicken recipe. I like mine with spicy salsa. (I like everything spicy.)

Cowboy Chicken (6 servings)

  • 6 chicken breast halves, no skin
  • 1 jar (about 2 cups) of your favorite salsa
  • 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon brown mustard or Dijon mustard (I used Zatarain's Creole Mustard.)
Place chicken in slow cooker or a casserole dish.

Mix all other ingredients in bowl and pour over chicken.

Cook in slow cooker on low for about 6 hours or bake in 375° F oven for about 1 hour.

The sauce is great over rice. You can also eat it with tortilla chips or even put over steamed vegetables. We ate ours with Spanish rice. 

Enjoy! 

No comments: