Monday, May 5, 2008

I'm in a Jewel kind of mood

"You Were Meant For Me"
I hear the clock, it's six a.m. (way too early to be up when you have a fitful night of sleep)
I feel so far from where I've been (a thousand miles from anywhere)
I got my eggs and my pancakes too (even though I don't like breakfast food)
I got my maple syrup, everything but you. (wish you were here)
I break the yolks, make a smiley face (then I scramble it)
I kinda like it in my brand new placeI wipe the spots off the mirror
Don't leave the keys in the door
Never put wet towels on the floor anymore
' causeDreams last for so long (They really do.)
even after you're gone (but then they start to fade)
I know you love me (or do you?)
And soon you will see
You were meant for me (If anybody was ever meant for anybody, which I'm not sure I believe.)And I was meant for you.
I called my momma, she was out for a walk (as usual - too busy for me)
Consoled a cup of coffee but it didn't wanna talk (but neither do I)
So I picked up a paper, it was more bad news (very true)
More hearts being broken or people being used (very sad)
Put on my coat in the pouring rain (what's the use?)I
saw a movie it just wasn't the same (nothing is)
'Cause it was happy and I was sad (so sad)
It made me miss you oh so bad
'causeDreams last for so long
Even after you're gone
I know you love me
And soon you will see
You were meant for me
And I was meant for you.
I go about my business, I'm doin fine (I'm really not.)
Besides what would I say if I had you on the line
Same old story, not much to say
Hearts are broken, everyday.(and I am no different)
I brush my teeth and put the cap back on
I know you hate it when I leave the light on
I pick a book up.
Turn the sheets down.
Take a deep breath and a good look around
Put on my pjs and hop into bed
I'm half alive but I feel mostly dead
I try and tell myself it'll be all right
I just shouldn't think anymore tonight
'causeDreams last for so long
Even after you're gone
I know you love me
And soon I know you will see
You were meant for me
And I was meant for you
Yeah.... You were meant for me and I was meant for you.

No comments: