Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Eva's Story: A Survivor's Tale by the Step-Sister of Anne Frank (Eva Schloss with Evelyn Julia Kent)

Most of you that know me know that I am an avid reader. I usually have a book in my purse or pretty near me at all times. It is what I do on buses, sometimes walking, in between the obligations on my calendar, etc. When people ask me what my favorite book, I really do not have an answer because there are few books I would want to read again because I have already experienced it and like new adventures. Few books make me think too much about them unless they are really, really good. Today I finished reading Eva's Story: A Survivor's Tale by the the Stepsister of Anne Frank by Eva Schloss. This story is so gripping. It basically picks up where The Diary of Anne Frank left off. If you are looking for something to showcase the triumph of the human spirit even in the worst of conditions, check it out. I am thinking about re-reading The Diary of Anne Frank, which like I said, I hardly ever re-read books.

No comments: