Tuesday, March 28, 2017

No Longer a Slumdog by K.P. Yohannan

I recently read this book that I had for a while.  Those of you know that know me know that I love reading, and I like just having physical books around.  I recently moved, and I thought I was a minimalist until I had to move my stuff.  I am currently in an ongoing purge and re-evaluating all my possessions to simplify my life.  Anyway, I have been reading books that I have and then passing them on.  I read this book and was touched by these gripping stories of children that have grown up in poverty.  Often I think about how different my life would be if I was born in a different place and/or time.  It can be overwhelming in a world with so many problems to choose just one to focus on, but I admire those that dedicate their lives to do just that.

What stories grip and do not leave you?
What stories challenge you?
What charities are your favorite to support?
What niche do you work in to make the world a better place?

No comments: