Thursday, September 19, 2019

No Name Casserole: The Remix




You may have read about the note recipe I found in the recipe box. If not, you can check it out here. It is a super easy yet delicious meal for when you do not have a lot of time to prep and are trying to get away with cooking from something for which you already have the ingredients.

This was a different take on that simple meal you can make when you really just do not have a lot of time with ingredients you might already have in your kitchen. (I had them on hand.) I just made this one up, and it turned out well.

It is kind of like a taco casserole.

Take a pound of ground beef or ground turkey or chicken. (I used ground turkey.) Add a can of whole kernel corn (not drained), a can of Rotel (not drained), one diced and sauteed onion, and however many jalapenos you would like.  Mix it all together. Put it in a casserole dish.  Sprinkle with taco seasoning and ranch mix. If you want a recipe on how to make your own taco seasoning, which is what I used, check it out here.  Top with cheese.  (I used a jalapeno cheddar mix.)

Cook at 375 for 40 minutes.

The original was good. The remix might be better. I liked them both.  Enjoy!


No comments: