Sunday, September 1, 2019

Peach Crunch

This one is great for when you have peaches that you need to use up before they go bad, which is exactly what I did. I like cobblers of all kinds. This one is not quite a cobbler, but it was nice.

It is from the Table Blessings cookbook that I got as a wedding gift. It is credited to Marie Fairey.

It only has 6 ingredients and is quick and easy. I already had everything on hand. I made a half batch of it based on the amount of peaches I had to use up quickly. I am putting the full recipe here, though.

I apologize for not having a plated picture. I was such in a hurry to eat that night that I had to grab one from the pan before we ate it all.

1 c. sugar
1 c. self rising flour
1 egg
1 tbsp. lemon juice
9 fresh peaches (4 c.)
1 stick butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350. Peel and slice peaches. Pour lemon juice over peaches. Place peaches in a 9 X 12 " casserole dish. Mix sugar and flour in a large bowl. Add egg. Using fork quickly mix egg into flour and sugar so that it looks crumbly. Add the mixture to the top of the peaches. Drizzle butter on top. Bake for 15 minutes.

No comments: