Monday, December 2, 2019

Book Review: Harvesting the Heart


I have never read a Jodi Picoult book before, and this one was a New York Times Bestseller. Since her books are so popular, I decided to start with this one.  It was pretty long - 15 cds to listen to; I am more of a 7-8 cd book listener or 10 if it is really good (like the book I am currently listening to). 

It is about an 18 year old that runs away from home and quickly becomes married. What could go wrong? 

She then struggles with being a mother because her mother left her when she was young. I did wonder why she did not keep in better touch with the one parent that did raise her. 

Her husband becomes her whole world, and he is not very nice to her all the time. The main character does not have a lot going for her. 

It is a bit sad because her husband does have a life and is working towards success. The wife is isolated and floundering.

I guess my expectations were too high. I was thinking it would be a very riveting or engaging book.

I found the characters a bit flat.  Sometimes they did surprise me with their actions. Often they seemed like they were whining. 

Has anyone read this book?  What did you think?  Also, what is your favorite Jodi Picoult book?  I am willing to give her another chance, but this book was a bit depressing/annoying.

No comments: