Thursday, December 5, 2019

Fake-Baked Beans


I liked baked beans. Bush's are my favorite from a can. I love to try other people's baked beans at potlucks. My grandfather made a good pan of baked beans.

These are more tangy than I like.

I am a fan of the sweeter variety of baked beans.

These are worth trying if you like to try different varieties of baked beans.

What is your favorite baked bean recipe? Comment below.

Ingredients:
one 6 oz. can tomato paste
1/4 cup molasses
2 tbsp. cider vinegar
1 tbsp. yellow mustard
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
one 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
one 15 oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
one 15 oz. can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
3 c. finely chopped onion
2 c. finely chopped red bell pepper
1 c. finely chopped Fuji apple

Instructions:
1.  In a medium bowl, combine tomato paste, molasses, vinegar, mustard, garlic, and salt.  Mix thoroughly.

2.  Place all remaining ingredients in a crock pot.  Add the tomato paste mixture and toss to coat.

3.  Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.

4. Stir well and serve.

makes 10 servings

No comments: