Thursday, November 21, 2019

Chicken & White Bean Soup




This is the second soup posting of the day, but we have had this soup a few times a while back. I work backwards with my posts and am trying to catch up with all of them so that I only have very recent content moving forward. I got behind when I would do three recipes in a meal and was running Tay Tay's Summer Camp 2019.

This soup only has a few ingredients. You may have everything on hand for it. I did.

It is versatile and you can throw various toppings on top of it to spruce it up.

Shauna Niequist calls this a chili, and I love her as an author, but this is not a chili around these parts.

You can serve this soup with cilantro, wedges of lime, sliced avocado, shredded cheese, and chips.

Ingredients:
1-1 1/2 pounds chicken - breasts, tenders, or boneless skinless thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 16 oz. container of salsa, preferably fresh (or green salsa)
4 cans white beans
4 cups chicken broth

Instructions: 
In a dutch oven or stockpot, cook over medium heat until chicken is almost cooked through (about 5 minutes).

Add salsa and beans, including bean liquid, and broth.

Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally.

Simmer for at least 30 minutes (but the longer, the better).

serves 6

No comments: