Friday, November 22, 2019

Thai Beef Salad


This is a tasty salad that you can make into a meal. (I just do more beef than what is in the recipe.)

The recipe calls for raw cabbage. I cooked mine with a bit of garlic and the onion (I used yellow instead of red). I would probably substitute romaine lettuce instead of cabbage if I was going to eat something uncooked. I also did not cut my cucumbers into sticks. I used roasted red peppers, and that added extra flavor. You can find the fish sauce on the international aisle.

It is also a quick meal. Just a little chopping and there you have it!

Ingredients:
2 red peppers, thinly sliced
3 bok choy or 1 cabbage shredded (about 3 cups)
2 cucumbers, cut into sticks
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 flank steak (about 8 ounces), cooked to your preferred doneness and thinly sliced
1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped

Dressing:
juice of 4 limes
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 jalapeno or red chile pepper, thinly chopped

Instructions:
Mix the dressing in a jelly jar. Combine the vegetables and toss with half the salad dressing.

Arrange on a large platter (or bowl).

Cook the steak, allow to rest for 10 minutes. Then slice thinly and place on top of vegetables.

Pour remaining dressing over the top, and scatter herbs over the whole platter.

No comments: