Thursday, September 15, 2011

advice

I just had a depressing conversation. I'm tired of people asking me what I'm going to do with my life. Can I not just get a degree in something I like and be fine? Life isn't about money. Sure, I don't want to be homeless, but I don't have to be a millionaire, either. It is more important to me to treat people well and how I make them feel. Humans are the best investments, in my opinion.

Life is like a dance. Sometimes I tango. Sometimes I waltz. Most of the time, I have an improvisational dance that I create as I go along.

I don't know what I want to do with the rest of my life, but I don't think I need to. Right now, I cannot see myself doing the same thing the rest of my life. I like changes. I like new beginnings. I am one of those weird people that enjoy moving. I like being able to design or create something from a blank slate. I like starting over.

In short, advice is cheap. It's like a nose - everybody has it. I leave you with a quote about advice.

"Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia. Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth."

No comments: