Thursday, September 15, 2011

a long December

A long December and there's reason to believe
Maybe this year will be better than the last
-Counting Crows

This song might as well be my anthem. Things have been really horrible this past year, but I have faith that this one will be better than the last. Things are going so well that I almost am afraid for something bad to happen. It is like there is too much good in my life right now, and something bad must balance out the good.

So many amazing things have been happening lately. I just got back from Italy, and I learned to laugh again on that trip. I really did not do much laughing the past several months. I laughed until I cried a few times on that trip. It was so great. Even though the beginning of the trip was rocky with planes canceled and nightmarish hostels, things were okay. I came back from the trip a lighter person.

I got into USC! Then, today on my birthday, I found out that I got the fellowship. Wow! Amazing! Dreams do come true!

I had been hesitant about going to South Carolina, but things seem to be falling into place. Today, as well, the rocking chair (one of the three things we were able to save from the house after the hurricane) that my mom rocked all three of her daughters in broke. I wanted to rock my children in that rocking chair. It was as if God was saying, "No, you must break from your past. You are going to South Carolina. Stop questioning it." And strangely enough, I was okay with the rocker breaking. One less thing to move.

There is reason to believe this year will be better than the last...

I have amazing friends that made my day special.

Things are changing fast. Good things.

No comments: