Thursday, October 31, 2019

Baked Brie - The Recipe You Need in Your Life Right Now


It is Halloween tonight, so I am sure you have other things to do, but tomorrow - run to the grocery store and make this. You won't regret it.  And it probably will be eaten up quickly, especially if you like brie and the mixing of flavors.

This is the perfect mix of sweet and savory.

I am a big mixer of flavors, and this has a little bit of everything.

It is from Reese Witherspoon's book that I reviewed earlier this month, and she likes to serve it as an appetizer at parties.

I like cheese plates. I like cheese. I like jam/preserves. I served this baked brie as an appetizer one night. 

I HIGHLY recommend it.

Let me know if you make it.

I will be making it again. :)

Ingredients:
1 whole brie round
2 tablespoons peach preserves (or any kind of fruit preserves will work - I used strawberry rhubarb.)
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon dried apricots, chopped
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon honey
2 teaspoons whiskey
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350.

Line a baking sheet with parchment and place the round of brie on the paper.

Stir together the preserves, pepper flakes, apricots, pecans, honey, whiskey, and vinegar and spoon over the top of the cheese round.

Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, keeping an eye on the cheese as it heats. The toppings will begin to run down the sides, and the cheese itself will begin to look misshapen. The warming time will vary depending on the brand of cheese and how cold it was to begin with. It is easy for the cheese to melt completely and the topping to burn if you don't watch it carefully. Serve with an assortment of crackers, apple slices, or bread.

No comments: