Monday, October 21, 2019

Lemon Dill Soup



So this did not turn out quite like a soup because I tried to cut it from 6 servings to 3. I should have left more broth in the recipe, but it was still so delicious with great flavors. I still recommend it. If you try to cut down the recipe, keep all the broth in. This did not last long at our house because it tasted so good.

When Jared came home, he thought I cooked jambalaya. I told him that no, that was not it but a good guess and I did not want to tell him what it was supposed to be until after he tried it because it does not look like it should be. He still liked it. What's cooking without kitchen mishaps, anyway?

I got this from the Savor book I read recently. Thank you, Interlibrary Loans and author Shauna Niequist.

Ingredients:
2 c. chopped onion
1 c. chopped celery
1 c. chopped carrots
olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
6 c. chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 c. brown rice
2 c. chicken, cooked and shredded (optional)
1/4 c. juice from fresh lemons
4 sprigs fresh dill, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Sauté the onion, celery, and carrots in olive oil until soft, then add garlic. Add broth and rice, and allow rice o cook most of the way through. Five minutes before rice is cooked through, add chicken (if using) and lemon juice and dill. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: