Thursday, October 3, 2019

delightful dates



Try this one for your next dinner party. I made it for kind of an appetizer when I knew dinner would be a bit later than normal. I got this one from Bread and Wine.

It is super easy with few ingredients, and I knew from the mix of flavors, I would love them. I did.

I normally only eat dates when I am at my Muslim friends' houses, but this recipe makes me want to eat them more.

Ingredients:
1 8 oz. package pitted dates
4 oz. goat cheese
1 16 oz. package bacon

Instructions:
My dates were already sliced on one side, so I could open them like little books, but if yours are not, slice along one side of each date. Fill the dates with a small amount of goat cheese, and then close each one.

Cut the whole package of bacon in half. (I did mine into thirds because I thought half a slice would be too much bacon for the date.) Wrap a 1/2 or 1/3 slice of bacon around the outside of each date.

Arrange seam side down in a baking dish or baking sheet with sides to catch any grease.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until well browned and crispy. Drain on a paper towel covered plate, and serve warm or at room temperature.

Enjoy!

No comments: