Monday, October 21, 2019

hot dip



Chips and dips are my favorite snack foods. Sometimes I like the dip more than the chip, and I like to load up a chip with dip. Scoop chips are great for that. This is a quick dip you can throw together from stuff you might have already in your fridge. I had the ingredients already so I tried it out this weekend.

Ingredients:
1 c. mayonnaise
5 tbsp margarine (melted)
2 c. shredded cheddar Jack cheese
1/2 chopped onion
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/3 c. jalapeno peppers, chopped (Use fresh ones instead of pickled ones. I did that once, and it tasted too much like pickled relish was in the dip.)
Cajun seasoning to taste (I used the Hot Slap Ya Mama.)

Directions:
Mix mayonnaise and margarine until smooth. Add onions, celery, peppers, cheese, and Hot Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning to taste. Refrigerate for one hour. Serve with crackers or chips. Enjoy!

No comments: