Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Frisee, Hazelnut & Goat Cheese Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette


You may notice from this picture that this is not frisėe, but I made this French salad anyway with what I could find locally. International recipes can sometimes be hard to replicate here, but I just do the best I can to review recipes for my readers. Recipes are just guidelines, anyway.

For the vinaigrette, use a mason jar with a lid to shake it up.

This is another Savor recipe.

For the salad: 

  • 3 bunches frisėe, trimmed and washed
  • 1 Granny Smith apple, julienned (I did not do this to my apple because I already had two cut fingers from this week.)
  • 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted and lightly crushed (I could not find these at the supermarket, either.)
  • 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
For the vinaigrette:
  • 1 shallot, minced
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste 
Serve immediately. 


No comments: