Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Beef Bourguignon/Beef Burgundy




This meal just makes me feel fancy. Is anyone a Julia Child fan? Or have you seen Julie & Julia?

That movie is kind of what I have been doing recently - working my way through recipes and writing about it.

I have not found one cookbook to fully work through, though. We have tried keto, low carb, low calorie, and intermittent fasting in the past four months, so our dietary needs have changed.

This is a Julia Child recipe with a twist. It is in a crock pot! 

This saves a lot of time and still feels just as fancy.

I made Jared this dinner because I traveled a lot this month and wanted to fix him a nice meal before he only saw me in passing for a bit because of October craziness.

It was delicious. We both liked it.  I hope you like it as well if you try it.


Ingredients:

1.5 lbs boneless beef round steak, cubed
1 oz package dry onion soup mix
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup beef broth
1/2 cup red wine
10 .75 oz can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 package of egg noodles, prepared

Instructions:
In a 5-6 qt crockpot, add in your cubed steak.
Sprinkle with dry onion soup mix. And the mushrooms, onion and garlic.

Pour wine, broth and Worcestershire sauce into crockpot. Top everything with cream of mushroom soup. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or HIGH for 4-5 hours.
Serve over egg noodles.

No comments: