Friday, August 23, 2019

15 Minute Low Country Boil



I got a pressure cooker for as a wedding present. Thank you, Olivia A.! It also can be used for canning which I am so excited about trying.

The first meal I made in it was fitting since the gift was from one of my SC Alpha ladies - low country boil!

It was super easy. I was not sure I was doing it right because I had never used it, but it did indeed cook. (I first tried to set it up with a rack that did not go in there except for steaming. The set up directions were a little lacking.)

Anyway, this is what we did for our low country boil. The recipe I found called for a pound of mussels and 20 clams, but that is not what I was used to putting in a boil, and I also was not in the mood for it.

2 lb. smoked sausage, cut into 4 pieces - I used spicy sausage.
2 lb. extra large shrimp - Those pretty much fell apart in the cooking process.
1 lb. red baby potatoes
3 corn on the cobs, cut in half
4 cups water
1/2 cup seafood seasoning - the spicier the better
2 bay leaves

1. Place the inner pot in the pressure cooker. Place all the ingredients in the inner pot.
2. Place the lid on the pressure cooker. Lock the lid and switch the pressure release valve to close.
3. Press the beans/lentil button twice until you reach 15 mins.
4. Once the timer reaches 0, the cooker will automatically switch to keep warm. Switch the pressure cooker release valve to open. When the steam is completely released, remove the lid.
5. Serve and enjoy!

No comments: