Sunday, August 11, 2019

Low Carb Chronicles: 7 Layer Salad



This is another recipe from the estate sale recipe box. I really want to land another one sometime.

I was iffy about this one too, but could it be worse than the cucumber salad? I knew if it was bad, there were some parts of it I could eat.

The mayonnaise was the questionable part. And I was not sure how the peas would taste.

This recipe was surprisingly good!

I actually have a name on this recipe. The card says it is a recipe from the kitchen of Beatrice Uselton.

It says it serves 10-12, and I believe it. We ate it for a while.

The recipe says to put it in a 9 X 13 pan, but I used a big bowl, which worked out fine.

1/2 head lettuce, shredded
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 small green peppers, finely chopped
1 10 oz. package frozen peas (uncooked)
1 pint Hellman's mayonnaise
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 12 oz. package bacon, cooked and crumbled

Put in layers in order above starting with lettuce on the bottom. Do not mix! Cover with Saran Wrap and refrigerate 24 hours.

Serves directly from 9 X 13 pan.

No comments: