Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Low Carb Chronicles: Beef Hominy Chili


I admit that the hominy intrigued me, but the real reason I chose this recipe was because we had some beef chuck roast in the freezer that needed to be eaten. So I searched for "beef chuck roast recipes" and landed on this one.

It is made in a crock pot, so it frees up your evening. However, do not let that prep time fool you. It took me about an hour to get it ready in the morning. Granted, the meat was frozen so that took some extra time, but still - it was not 10 minutes prep time.

My nephew loved this chili and ate multiple servings. He said it was his favorite thing I had cooked for him.

It was pretty good.

Jared's response was, "Corn on corn?"

This was the first time I remember ever eating hominy, which is surprising because of where I am from, but this is what drew me to this recipe.

It is worth trying if you want to try a different style of chili. I admit that the corn was my favorite ingredient.

The recipe states that it would be good with tortilla chips or tortillas, but we are avoiding those and cannot verify.

I also added jalapeno because we spice up everything around here. Hardly any recipe is up to our spice level of happiness.

Check out the recipe here.

No comments: