Friday, July 26, 2019

Low Carb Chronicles: Egg Roll in a Bowl

Egg rolls are delicious (except those frozen ones that taste only like mushed up vegetables when cooked). I had to try this recipe because I like Chinese food.

It did not taste exactly the way I imagined, but it was pretty close and quite delicious. This is a recipe we will definitely be using again.

It also makes a good amount, so you will probably have leftovers.

Jared said he wished it had more vegetables, but I put in the 14 ounces in the recipe and thought its vegetable ratio was fine.

I could not imagine what this would taste like with beef as the recipe states you can use. Pork is not my favorite, so I opted for ground Italian sausage that provided more flavor and masks the pork taste.

Spicy Italian sausage would have been great, but the selection at the grocery store was limited with only mild sausage.

Jared said he would have liked spicy mustard with his which he puts on his egg rolls normally. We found a recipe to make our own here since we were out that only uses 4 ingredients that we actually had.

I like to use duck sauce or sweet and sour sauce on my egg rolls, so I used some sweet chili sauce that we had. It was a great addition.

Here is the recipe for this bowl of deliciousness. This is a recipe that needs to be put on the meal rotation.

10/10 I highly recommend.

No comments: