Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Low Carb Chronicles: Fire Roasted Shrimp Tacos (Lettuce Wraps)

So this is how we went through a head of lettuce in a week.

Pretty much we made everything into a lettuce wrap.

My inspiration was the chicken lettuce wraps at P.F. Changs. We did not quite get there (not even close) with the "crack chicken." Maybe that is why I was disappointed. I set the bar too high in my mind.

But we like shrimp.

The title was enticing.

Crock pot meals are nice, but this one you have to time carefully since it is only a three hour one if you have work that day.

Note: You can make this recipe both keto or paleo friendly.

I used multi colored peppers because I had them and made them more rainbow colored because I feel better about eating the rainbow and it not being the Skittle rainbow.

I skipped the cilantro because it is not my favorite flavor.

The extra toppings make it better - jalapeƱos especially.

I used some habanero salsa that we had on hand to give it a little kick. That's one way to experiment with the heat level with this.

And we did not use the tortilla, just lettuce.

I actually liked it better without the lettuce and just ate the leftover shrimp the rest of the week.

Make sure you drain your tomatoes well or it will be soupy.

This recipe was alright. It was not the best or worst shrimp taco I have ever had, but out of the week's explorations, it was my personal favorite. I also really like shrimp.

If you want to try it, the recipe is here. You have to scroll all the way to the bottom to get to it.

No comments: