Thursday, July 25, 2019

Low Carb Chronicles: P.F. Chang's Lettuce Wraps


This is a knock-off recipe for P.F. Chang's lettuce wraps, which I love. 

There is a weird ingredient in here - hoisin sauce, which you may have a hard time finding in the grocery store. I did the first time I looked for it.  Oddly enough, I already had this ingredient from a previous recipe. Check the international aisle for it. It is probably near the Asian food. You might also use it in a Middle Eastern dish sometime; that is when I first found it.

I really liked this. I would add more sriracha if you like things spicy because ours were not hot enough for our liking.

It calls for the water chestnuts to be sliced, but I would probably cut them smaller next time, even dice them.

They are not as good as the authentic wraps, so do not think they will be exactly as amazing. However, if you like the originals, you should give these a try. 

Also, we left the rice out. 

Here's the recipe. Enjoy!

No comments: