Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Low Carb Chronicles: "Crack" Chicken


With a name like "Crack Chicken," it makes you wonder how this stuff could taste. The website claims that you cannot stop eating it. I was intrigued.

I was looking for low carb recipes and needed something I could do in a crock pot because life is still chaotic and not unpacked.

One mistake I made with this was that I was using a bag of chicken that was in the freezer and did not clearly have the serving size for the chicken breasts. Had I found the kitchen scale that I later found in the kitchen, I would have used that. So I estimated the ounces in the chicken breast and messed up. I ended up having too much meat in the pot I later realized, which altered the taste.

Probably because of the meat mishap, I found this bland and definitely had no problem stopping eating it.

We used lettuce for wraps. Keep following and you will see how we went through a head of lettuce in a week as I chronicle these low carb recipes.

I would try it again with the correct chicken ratio. Jared liked the extra meat, but more flavor would have been appreciated. We doctored it up with more seasoning, and I later added relish to it to make it more like a chicken salad for later lunch renderings. It also is much better with jalapeno slices added to it for a kick.

It was not my favorite low carb recipe, but it does deserve a second chance since I messed up the meat ratio.

Try it for yourself and see if you think it deserves its name.  Let me know what you think. Recipe is below.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a26845155/keto-crack-chicken-recipe/

No comments: