Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Low Carb Chronicles: Meat Lover Pizza Cups




I miss pizza (and spaghetti) while avoiding carbs. You will see this come out in later food blog posts of recipes I have tried.

I thought this might help curb my pizza craving.

I thought I got thin ham, but even thinner ham probably would have crisped up more.

I do not know what kind of muffin pan they were using, but I had a very hard time fitting all the ingredients into the cups. It was important to me to make sure the pan was not left with a residue of dropped toppings from constructing them. I had to do some clean up before baking.

The recipe states you can add additional toppings, and I would have loved to add bell peppers, mushrooms, or onions, but I had no room. The cups were already overflowing. Note: I did mess up the order of filling the cups and put bacon crumbles under the cheese instead of on top of the pepperoni, so that could have contributed to this problem. Pay attention to the layering ordering when making them.

These can be a bit messy to eat.

I did not find sugar free pizza sauce at the grocery store, so I just bought the regular kind. I am sure you could find it if you go to a superstore. I go to a more local, smaller grocery store.

Also, I got turkey pepperoni because I like it.

Check out the recipe here.  Only one more recipe until I start typing out the recipes here instead of using internet ones!

No comments: